If you find that your Droid is disconnecting from your smart device during normal use, please try the following:
- Make sure you are on the most up to date version of the Droid Inventor app. As device operating systems update, we update the app to accommodate changes.
- Make sure you have a smart device that is compatible with the Droid Inventor app.
- iOS devices, including iPhones and iPads, must have iOS 10.0 or later. See compatible devices here.
- Android devices must support version 4.4 (KitKat) and up, support BLE (Bluetooth 4.0), and must feature an accelerometer. Android devices which have been rooted or which have a customized Android OS (ie, Amazon devices) are not compatible.
- Try restarting your device. Powering down and back up your device can disconnect any lingering Bluetooth connections and allow for a fresh connection to be made.
- After wiping down the bitSnaps with a soft clean cloth, make sure your w32 Control Hub bit is getting power from the p4 Power bit. The Power bit should show a red LED when it is powered on. The Control Hub should show a bluish white light above the speaker portion when it is receiving power. Note that there is a separate LED on the bottom of the bit which should shine green when connected.
If you are still having trouble, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or by calling (888) 440-3906 between 9am and 6pm EST Monday through Friday.