First, make sure you have downloaded the Gizmos & Gadgets Kit 2nd Edition app onto your smart device.
Navigate to the "Bit Controls" section of your app and select a control mode from the list.
For iOS devices:
- On an iPhone, you can use auto-connect or manual connect. In auto-connect mode, you'll see a flashing green dot on the top left corner of your phone screen. Place this part of your phone very close to the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit, even to the point of touching it. If this doesn’t work, try manual connect by selecting “manual connect” on the top right corner of the screen.
- On an iPad, you will automatically be directed to “manual connect”.
For Android devices:
- Select the Menu icon on the top left corner of the screen, or swipe in from the left side of the screen to open the Menu.
- Select BIT CONTROLS to open the menu of all of the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit Controls.
- Once you’ve selected a control, you should land on the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit selection page. This is where you can see all of the Bits that are ready to connect to your device. Select the Bit you want to connect to.
- The bars to the right of side the screen indicate the strength of each Bit’s signal. This is especially useful if you are in a workshop setting with many Bluetooth Low Energy Bits around - the Bit with the strongest signal will be the one in front of you.
- Once connected, you should automatically land on the control screen.
*Please note: you are not able to name your BLE bits in the app. If there are too many active BLE bits at once and it becomes difficult to find yours - have other users around you power down their bit for a moment until you have connected.