If you're having trouble connecting your codeBit to your computer, here are some things to check:
- Is your dongle plugged in? If not, plug it in!
NOTE: you can also connect your codeBit to your computer using the included micro usb cable.
- Are you connected to your codeBit? Make sure the purple bar at the bottom of your app looks like this:
- Are you connected to the CORRECT codeBit? The name of your CodeBit should light up in the connection panel of the app when you press the button on your codeBit.
- Did you upload your code to your codeBit?
Press the upload button to upload your code to your codeBit. Sometimes hitting Upload more than once can solve the problem.
- Is your code running on the Bit?
When code is uploaded, the little red LED on the codeBit will light up. If it’s not lit up, try uploading your code again. The red LED should go off while your program is running.
- Does your circuit need to be refreshed?
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the p3 power Bit from your circuit. Then, upload your code again. Does this fix the problem?
- Does your App need to be refreshed?
Save your code, close the app, restart the app, and upload your code again.
If you’re still having trouble, our Customer Success is happy to help! You can contact us here or give us a call at 917-464-4577 ext. 1.